Questa estate Sony per promuovere il marchio Playstation intende avvalersi di due belve della strada, che prendono il nome di Playstation Experience e Playstation Patrol. I due trucks, presenti ai maggiori eventi secondo Sony, sono stati allestiti con tutti gli strumenti necessari a renderli due veri mezzi per il social community gaming. A bordo di questi bestioni i visitatori potranno spaziare dalle postazioni con i volanti Logitech per GT5 Prologue, a quelle di Rock Band e Sing Star, o ancora giocare nei maxi LCD allestiti sulla parte esterna dei trucks, oppure provare la demo giocabile di Little Big Planet. Di seguito trovate il dettaglio degli allestimenti, correlato da alcune immagini:
– LittleBigPlanet Lounge: Set for release exclusively on PS3 in October 2008, gamers can experience the highly-anticipated, community and creativity-based game LittleBigPlanet in this hands-on area.
– Rock Band Stage: This interactive stage enables consumers to try out their skills with the blockbuster game Rock Band. Throughout the summer, gamers will have the opportunity to post their performance to a special leaderboard at www.takethestagewithrockband.com, and compete against rival “rockers” for the chance to win a performance on a side stage at an upcoming live music event to be announced.
– SingStar for PS3 Stage: Expanding on the popular PlayStation 2 franchise, SingStar PS3 comes alive with this highly interactive stage where aspiring rock stars can sing along to their favorite songs while watching the actual music video on screen from top artists including The Killers, U2, Smashing Pumpkins, Outkast, R.E.M., Radiohead, Britney Spears and The Pussycat Dolls.
– The Patrol Player’s Lounge: The newly expanded Player?s Lounge now accommodates up to 16 gamers to play, compete and socialize on the two 52-inch LCD competition screens. Located on the outside of the truck, gamers will now be able to meet and play the latest software titles in this redesigned and spacious environment.
– Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Racing Area: Equipped with Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheels, the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue area offers racing fans a chance to compete against 15 other players in head-to-head racing offline and online. Complete with race events, a new interior view and 70 vehicles from top car manufacturers including Ferrari, Nissan and Ford, gamers can fuel up and enjoy the stunning full 1080p High Definition graphics on a 40-inch LCD TV.